“Care of the sick must rank above and before all else, so that they may truly be served as Christ, for he said: ‘I was sick and you visited me’ (Matt 25:36), and ‘What you did for one of these least brothers you did for me’ (Matt 25:40). Let the sick on their part bear in mind that they are served out of honor for God, and let them not by their excessive demand distress on anyone who serves them.” (RB 36)
Benedictines hold as one of their most precious values Hospitality. It is with deep regret and a sense of sadness that we cannot welcome visitors during the pandemic. Our Monastery remains closed to the public.
The following measures are currently in effect at St. Scholastica Monastery & our Boerne Ministries:
- We are unable to receive visitors at the Monastery
- No public Masses will be held at the Monastery
- No Centering Prayer meetings will be held
- The Health and Wholeness Center is open for water exercise classes but with restrictions. Please call 830-816-8470.
- The Sisters Attic Thrift Shop is now open but with restrictions. Please call 830-249-0020.
- All Retreats at the Omega Retreat Center have been suspended until further notice.
These actions have been taken to protect against the infection and spread of the COVID-19 virus. Thank you for your understanding.
We will keep you updated on any changes.
We pray daily for the well-being of all.